~ EDUCATION ~
- Master of Arts, Leadership and Management: Educational Studies, Briercrest Seminary, Caronport, SK, 2007. Thesis: Oral Histories of Women from the Early Days of Briercrest.
- Master of Christian Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Regent College, Vancouver, BC, 1998. Arts thesis: Finding a Voice: Songs and Poems on Knowing Oneself.
- Certificate: TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), Vancouver Community College, 1991.
- Bachelor of Arts, Intercultural Studies, Briercrest College, 1990.
~ EXPERIENCE ~
- Publisher/Editor, BlueBeary by Kathleen McMillan. Duval, SK, 2009.
- Junior Research Associate, Chester Ronning Centre, Camrose, AB, 2008-present. Major project: establishing an archive of the history of women at Briercrest.
- Ad Rep/Reporter/Proofreader, Last Mountain Times weekly newspaper, Strasbourg, SK, 2007-present.
- Publications Editor, Canadian Association for Christians in Student Development (CACSD), 2005-2008. Professional journal (Partner), e-bulletin, website.
- Proposals and Reports, Briercrest College and Seminary, Caronport, SK, 2002-2006. E.g., proposal for new student centre, demographic reseach re. First Nations in Saskatchewan.
- Editor/Proofreader: Character with Competence Education: The Bible College Movement in Canada by Al Hiebert, Association of Canadian Bible Colleges (ACBC), 2005.
- Editor: The Art of Book Club by Beth Barrett, self-published, Eyebrow, SK, 2003.
- Proofreader: Can You Hear Me? Tuning in to the God Who Speaks by Brad Jersak, Freshwind Press, Abbotsford, BC, 2004. (Co-wrote a section and gave some editorial input.) To purchase, visit www.bradjersak.com.
- Assistant Professor of English Literature, Briercrest College, 1998-2001.
- CD recording: Good Storyline, Caronport, SK, 2000. 85% original songs.
- CD recording by Designer Genes, Stubborn Love, Saskatoon, SK, 1996. Contributed three songs: "Drizzle," "Grandma," "Prairie Soul."
- Teacher of English as a Second Language, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 1992-1994.
- Teacher of English as a Second Language, Greater Vancouver, BC, 1990-1992.
~ WRITING ~
~ PRESENTATIONS ~
Paper presented at Research in Religious Studies Conference, University of Lethbridge.
Published in the CACSD journal, Partner. Review of Real Sex by Lauren Winner. Originally published in Christian Week.
~ EDITING ~
professional journal for CACSD
of Christians in
Production editing, including acquiring material,
substantive and copy editing,